The consortium reviews, and the board approves, the five year plan annually to prioritize needs and resource allocations to the following areas:
· Program Needs– Prioritize organization and remodeling needs of new and existing
· Staffing –Actively recruit staff to go back to school to gain licensure to prevent gaps in qualified staff.
· Curriculum Cycle– Member districts pilot and recommend curricula for SMEC to
purchase. Includes curricula for math, reading, social skills, and writing.
· Paperwork Reduction– Increase efficiency by organizing effective TAT, ECSE
screenings, assessment templates, and parent questionnaires.
Each school district provides services for federal setting I and II students. students with more severe needs attend level III programs within the cooperative. Those programs, and schools that host those programs, are listed below.
Birth - 3 years
Our Birth to 3 year program provides services in the child’s natural environment by our Part C teacher, who works in each school district in the consortium.
Each district uses a co-teaching model to provide special education services in the preschool setting. High needs pre-school students attend the Early Childhood programs in Adams and Alden.
Level III K-12 Autism, located in Leroy, MN.
Level III Elementary Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities (EBD) program located in Lyle, MN.
Level III Middle/High school EBD program, located in the Southland High school in Adams, MN.
Level III Developmental Cognitive Delay (DCD) programs. K-6 is located in Grand Meadow, MN, and 7-12 in Spring Valley.
High School transition program for students to practice work skills, and independent living skills in a structured environment to then phase into independence. These programs are located in Adams, Spring Valley and Alden.
· Programming needs
· Federal budget
· Staff development
· 3rd Party Billing
· Curricula / Testing
· Manage all special
· Extended School Year (ESY)
· Federal Dispute Resolution
· House level I, II, and III
· Hold teacher contracts
· Building specific staff
· Teacher observations
· State funding
· Early childhood screening
· Teacher Assistance Team
· Staff Hiring
· Data retention cycle